Monday, May 21, 2007

The Tudors and My Medieval Obsession

I have a new favorite show, "The Tudors" on Showtime. If you have Showtime, you should really catch this series (Sundays the new episode becomes available on demand), and if you don't, I'm sure the DVD of the first season will be out soon. The set designers and costume designers are phenomenal. Those who know me know I do not use that word very often, if ever. They pay such close attention to detail. Every aspect from the candlesticks in the corner of castle rooms for light, to the feathers on a hat are realistic and look (to me) historically accurate. I can't get over how decadent the wealthier people dressed back then, and how many hats they all wear! I'm trying to find some images of the crowns to show you, because they are really pretty and conjure up my little girl fantasies of being royalty, but for now...via Showtime's Photo Gallery....


No comments: