Friday, June 15, 2007

Long Weekend, Good Song

Headed to Chicago one last time before I actually move there, which feels weird. I won't be blogging while I'm out there so goodbye for now. I might take a longer break too actually and return in a week or so. I don't write about my personal life often, but I've got some things going on that I need to sort out and am feeling really drained emotionally. To top it off I think my job might be punishing me for leaving in July or something and work has been about fifteen times more painful than it ever was. Then again, that all could be in my head.
I'll leave you though with a really good CD (do people us that word anymore? Is that now like a record? I did use the term "left a message on their machine" the other day when I was calling a cellphone, I think I'm going back in time) Illinoise by Sufjan Stevens. The song "Chicago" is really good, the fast version really pumps me up, while the a cappella version is mildly depressing, but still a great song. It was in Little Miss Sunshine.



3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that song too.
I do hope you have a good trip and everything sorts itself out. I know what you mean about the work thing. It's happened to some people I know. I don't know why employers are like that. Perhaps you are too valuable to them but instead of letting you go on good terms they take their loss out on you by being crap. I dunno. But best wishes for the days ahead.

Unknown said...

hi julie... wanted to let you know that painting you liked is up in my etsy shop...

good luck in chicago! sounds like a fun move....

Anonymous said...

Hope everything calms down soon for you and you start feeling better...It's really too bad your work is doing this to you, but it will all be over soon...I look forward to you being back and blogging!