Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cigarette Packaging from Designboom

Designboom's history section can be a little addicting...you'll want to know the history of everything before you know it. This one I find particularly fascinating, and I kind of want to make these into art, though I'm not sure how.

I guess when cigarettes were more acceptable, cigarette packaging design was much like magazine cover design. Companies had to deal with shelf clutter and getting noticed. Plus, smokers tend to discard their packs when finished, so the packaging was a high visibility item or "badge product". Around the world companies were competing to make the most inticing package design for their cigarettes...though I'm not a smoker, I am inticed!

Anyone know how I could print these out somehow and use them as art?

No comments: