Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Whitetrash

After writing about Whitetrash, where I found my 1960s Puerto Rico postcards, I got a little nostalgic. I don't get down to the East Village all that often anymore, at least not before 8:30pm when Whitetrash closes. I started browing the site for "objects" which were always my favorite thing to rearrange on the various furntiure that was for sale there. It's kind of like a little home cluttered with the best of mid century modern furniture. Here are a few of my favorites from the site. Maybe I should get the Anondized Digital Aluminum Alarm Clock (middle) if my Moonbeam never shows up.

Wet German Red Vase-$75 (would make a good present)

My dad found one of these travel beverage kits in my Grandparent's basement when he was cleaning up one day. It goes for $40, which isn't really all that bad considering all you're getting: Electric Water Kettle, Glass Martini Shaker, Plastic Mugs, Stainless Spoons an opener and some clear lidded canisters.

No comments: